http://soulfoodpyramid.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/2.jpg 1428 2000 hebni http://soulfoodpyramid.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Hebni-logo2.png hebni2021-11-03 17:03:442021-11-03 17:04:51Healthy Sweet Potato Casserole
- 3 large sweet potatoes (about 3 pounds)
- 1/4 cup milk, feel free to use dairy-free or lactose-free milk it works well
- 1/4 cup butter or ghee, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ tsp nutmeg
- ¾ tsp ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans roughly chopped
- 4 Dates pitted and diced
- 1/4 cup flour, can use almond flour for a gluten-free option
- 2 tablespoon butter or ghee
- Bring a large pot of water to boil on high heat.
- Peel the sweet potatoes with a hand peeler.
- Dice the potatoes into chunks and place them into the pot. Cook the potatoes for 20-30 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork-tender.
- Drain the potatoes over a colander, and place the potatoes in a large mixing bowl and mash them with a hand masher or electric beater.
- Pour the milk, butter, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt into the mixture and continue mixing until creamy.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Make the crumble topping. Roughly chop the dates, pecans, and transfer them to a mixing bowl. Add the flour and butter, then mix thoroughly with your hands until combined.
- Spread the sweet potato into an even layer in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish. Then sprinkle the crumble mixture on top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- To create a more creamier sweet potato layer, use a food processor, hand mixer, or stand mixer to blend.
- To make it dairy-free , you can swap butter for ghee as well as use any type of nut milk.