- 4 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted.
- Olive oil
- 1 pound of a small zucchini, sliced in rounds
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 10 ounces of frozen chopped spinach
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and black pepper
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup of fat-free half-and-half creamer
- 1/4 cup of fresh Italian Parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 ounces of Gruyere cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Greased baking dish or cast iron pans with melted butter or cooking spray.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add zucchini and garlic, sauté for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Drain water from spinach and add to the pan with zucchini.
- Add rice, basil, parsley, nutmeg, lemon juice, 2 teaspoons of salt, 1 teaspoon of pepper, and toss.
- Transfer to baking dish or cast-iron pan.
- In a bowl whisk the four eggs, creamer, 2 tablespoons of melted butter, and do you want 4th cup of Parmesan cheese.
- Pour the mixture over the spinach and zucchini evenly.
- Add some extra Parmesan cheese and Gruyere cheese on top.
- Take for about 20 to 30 minutes, until the knife inserted comes out clean.
- Serve and enjoy!
Total time: 45 minutes