http://soulfoodpyramid.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/Untitled-design-1.png 650 1350 hebni http://soulfoodpyramid.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Hebni-logo2.png hebni2020-10-28 17:10:562020-10-28 17:10:59Low-Fat Fettuccine Alfredo
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets, stalk peeled and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3/4 cup cup freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- kosher salt
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the broccoli until tender, 3 minutes. Drain.
- Heat the milk and butter in a large saucepan over low heat and slowly whisk in the flour. Simmer until slightly thickened, whisking constantly, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Parmesan and ½ teaspoon salt. Add the pasta and broccoli and cook, stirring, over low heat until heated through.
- Top each serving with extra Parmesan.
By Maureen Callahan, R.D., and Kay Chun