http://soulfoodpyramid.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Untitled-design39.png 650 1350 hebni http://soulfoodpyramid.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Hebni-logo2.png hebni2020-09-30 16:05:582020-09-30 16:06:00Caramelized Butternut Squash Soup Recipe
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 pounds butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly-cracked white pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth, or more as needed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup low fat half and half cream
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg, or more to taste
- 2 Tbsp Brown sugar, to taste
- salt to taste
- ground white pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over high heat. Cook and stir squash in hot oil until completely browned, about 10 minutes. Stir onion, butter, sea salt, and cracked white pepper into the squash; cook and stir together until the onions are completely tender and beginning to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Pour chicken broth and honey over the mixture; bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook at a simmer until the squash is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a blender no more than half full. Cover and hold lid in place; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Puree in batches until smooth.
- Stir cream, brown sugar, nutmeg, salt, and ground white pepper into the soup to serve.