- 2 (3 oz) cream cheese packages (could use 1/2 less fat package), softened
- 1 (5 oz) canned tuna, drained
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans (or preferred nuts)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 oz of relish, drained
- Powdered garlic
- In a bowl place cream cheese, onions, relish half of the pecans, tuna, salt, pepper, and powdered garlic. Mix ingredients together. Shape into a ball. Coat the ball with the remaining pecans.
- Keep refrigerated until served.
Watch our Hebni registered dietitian, Fabiola Gaines share this recipe on our Facebook live stream here.
Total Time: 25 min
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 cup of pureed tomatoes or canned tomatoes
- 1/2 box of spaghetti
- 4 large zucchinis
- Put a large pot of salted water to boil for the spaghetti noodles. Wait for water to boil and cook spaghetti to packet instructions.
- Spiralize zucchini and set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil and sauté onions until cooked. Then add garlic and cook for a few minutes.
- Stir oregano and ground turkey. Continue to cook until turkey is done.
- Add canned tomatoes and chicken broth. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes and season to taste.
- Add spiralize zucchini and pasta to cooked sauce and mix until well combined.
- Serve and top with Parmesan cheese (optional). Enjoy!
Prep time: 15 min
Cooking time: 15 min
Makes 6 servings
4 Tbsp or 2 oz Lime Juice
2 Tsp Fresh Parsley, Fine Diced
1/2 Tsp Ground Cumin
1Tsp or 1/4 oz Fresh Garlic Cloves
2 Tbs or 1/3 oz Mexican Seasoning Mix
1/2 cup or 1/3 oz Fresh Cilantro, Minced
1 Tbp or 1/4 oz Olive Oil
1/8 cup or 2 oz Honey
1/4 cup or 2 oz Red Wine Vinegar
2 cup or 11 1/2 oz Canned Low-Sodium Black Beans, drained and rinsed
1 1/2 cup or 8 2/3 oz Froze Whole-Kernel Corn, thawed
1 cup tri-color Bell Peppers diced (red, yellow, green)
1/2 cup Fresh Salsa
1/4 cup Fresh Red Onions, diced
1/4 cup Jalapeños, diced, seeded
- Dressing: Combine lime juice, parsley, cumin, garlic, ancho chili powder or Mexican seasoning mix, cilantro, olive oil, honey, and apple cider vinegar. Stir well. Set aside for step 3.
- Vegetables: Combine black beans, corn, green peppers, red peppers, salsa, onions, and jalapeños in a large bowl. Stir well.
- Pour about 1/2 cup dressing over vegetables. Stir well.
- Transfer about bean salad to medium serving bowl.
- Critical Control Point: Cool to 40 °F or lower within 4 hours.
- Critical Control Point: Hold at 40 °F or below until served,
- Serve 2/3 cup.
A great alternative to regular chili. This dish has a unique taste that even the pickiest eater will enjoy. Make sure you spice this one to taste! Garnish with cheese, salsa, sour cream and cilantro leaves, and serve with rolled tortillas on the side.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ pounds ground turkey
- 2 (4 ounce) cans canned green chile peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ground cayenne pepper to taste
- ground white pepper to taste
- 3 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Step 1
In a large pot over medium heat, combine the onion, garlic and ground turkey and saute for 10 minutes, or until turkey is well browned. Add the chile peppers, cumin, oregano, cinnamon, cayenne pepper to taste and white pepper to taste and saute for 5 more minutes.
- Step 2
Add two cans of the beans and the chicken broth to the pot. Take the third can of beans and puree them in a blender or food processor. Add this to the pot along with the cheese. Stir well and simmer for 10 minutes, allowing the cheese to melt.
396 calories; protein 31.5g 63% DV; carbohydrates 26.7g 9% DV; fat 17.3g 27% DV; cholesterol 92.3mg 31% DV; sodium 1366mg 55% DV.
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets, stalk peeled and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3/4 cup cup freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- kosher salt
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions. Drain.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook the broccoli until tender, 3 minutes. Drain.
- Heat the milk and butter in a large saucepan over low heat and slowly whisk in the flour. Simmer until slightly thickened, whisking constantly, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the Parmesan and ½ teaspoon salt. Add the pasta and broccoli and cook, stirring, over low heat until heated through.
- Top each serving with extra Parmesan.
By Maureen Callahan, R.D., and Kay Chun
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 pounds butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly-cracked white pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth, or more as needed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup low fat half and half cream
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg, or more to taste
- 2 Tbsp Brown sugar, to taste
- salt to taste
- ground white pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over high heat. Cook and stir squash in hot oil until completely browned, about 10 minutes. Stir onion, butter, sea salt, and cracked white pepper into the squash; cook and stir together until the onions are completely tender and beginning to brown, about 10 minutes.
- Pour chicken broth and honey over the mixture; bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook at a simmer until the squash is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a blender no more than half full. Cover and hold lid in place; pulse a few times before leaving on to blend. Puree in batches until smooth.
- Stir cream, brown sugar, nutmeg, salt, and ground white pepper into the soup to serve.
1 small melon , cubed (use at least 1/2 melon)
3/4 cup water
1/2 tsp dry pectin
lime zest (3 limes)
2 Tbsp lime juice
1 cup sugar
1 bunch mint leaves, chopped
Icecream machine, chilled the churner
Combine water, pectin, lime zest, lime juice, and sugar and heat on the stove until melted. Do not overcook. Set aside.Add melon to the blender and beat on low speed, do not beat the seeds in. Strain and save the juice only. Set aside. You should have about 2 cups pureed.
Take cooled sugar water and strained melon pulp (about 2 cups) and combine. Add mint leaves to the blender and until minced.Remove from blender. You should have about 3-4 cups of watermelon puree/sorbet mix.Pour sorbet mix into the cold ice cream churn and churn for at least 30 minutes. When it becomes solid, place in a storage container and place in freezer until it gets firm.
Serve a 1 oz scoop as a refreshing bite.
1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil
2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
3 c. cubed seedless watermelon
1 c. medium cucumber, chopped
1 c. crumbled feta
1/2 c. red onion, thinly sliced
1/2 c. coarsely chopped mint
Flaky sea salt, for garnish (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, red wine vinegar, and salt.
- In a large serving bowl, combine watermelon, cucumber, feta, red onion, and mint. Pour over dressing, tossing to combine.
- Garnish with more mint and flaky sea salt.
We have two quick Summer tasty treats for you!
Our Registered Dietitian, Celines Martinez, shared these two recipes during our Instagram and Facebook Wellness Wednesday live stream. Make sure you check out the videos posted on our social media platforms, @hebninutrition, or click here. Also, make sure to tune in to our live streams every Wednesday at 11 AM ET.
Now lets get into these recipes!
Quinoa Summer Fruit Salad with Ginger lime Dressing
- 4 cups of fresh fruits, can also use a combination of canned, frozen and fresh fruit.
- 1/4 cup of fresh lime juice-zest of 1/2 lime
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1/4 cup of ginger tea, strongly brewed
- fresh mint
For this recipe I used blueberries cut up mango and peaches, along with grapes cut in half.
To make dressing mix lime juice and zest with honey and ginger tea.-pour dressing over fruit and mix, at this point you can let the fruit sit in the dressing for 15 to 30 minutes to create more flavor.
Mix in quinoa to fruit and top with fresh chopped mint. Feel free to add other toppings like sunflower seeds or chia seeds for added protein.
*Note if you plan on making ahead of time wait to add mint at the time of serving since it will turn brown.
Sparkling Ginger Tea
Makes two drinks
- 1 cup of ginger tea*, strongly brewed
- Sparkling water or other low calorie carbonated drink-sweetener of your choice. * I recommend the dressing used in the fruit salad (ginger lime dressing). Can also use sweet macerated fruit or your favorite sugar substitute.
- fresh mint for garnish, optional
Pour 1/2cup of tea into each cup over ice, then add 1/3 cup of sparkling water or low calorie carbonated beverage of choice.
Top with sweetener of choice to taste-use mint for garnish
*ginger tea was boiling 2 inches of fresh ginger root chopped with two cups of water. Boil for 5 minutes let cool completely and strain, keeps in refrigerator for a long time.
Can also brew ginger tea with ginger tea bags or a combination of tea bags and fresh ginger.